2019 Toyota Family Teacher of the Year
The 2019 Toyota Family Teacher of the Year awards and recognizes the positive impact of teachers who engage families in school- and community-based educational programming.
NCFL is committed to promoting the winning educators’ success by sharing participating family stories and highlighting the impact of the first place $20,000 grant award and the second place $5,000 grant award on the designated programs. Applications will be evaluated using the following award selection criteria.
• Winning educators must work for a school- or community-based program that engages families in the educational process. The location of the program must be in the United States of America.
• Winning educators will be asked to participate in NCFL’s extensive outreach activities to promote their practices and programs, including, but not limited to, participation in the 2019 NCFL Families Learning Conference.
• Award funds must be expended on the designated family engagement project between December 2019 and December 2020.
• Award winners will commit to sharing project and family stories with NCFL on an ongoing basis, particularly through requested communications throughout the year, including NCFL social media platforms and an end-of-year report.
• Each family educator must be nominated by someone who knows the nominee’s work well and has extensive knowledge of the nominee’s strengths, approaches, and collective positive impact on behalf of children and families.
Winning Award Criteria:
NCFL is looking for school- or community-based teachers who are passionate about engaging families and who demonstrate exemplary practices. Specifically, NCFL wants to reward family teachers who:
• Serve parents and children using a strong two-generation approach to helping them learn together in innovative ways.
• Have a demonstrated record of success.
• Implement innovative ideas for expanding their program to benefit families and/or to engage more families.
• Serve communities and families with high literacy and socioeconomic needs.
• Would be successful at communicating promising practices to peers across the nation.
Anyone with comprehensive knowledge about the nominee is eligible to complete the nomination form. Programs may nominate up to two family educators using separate nomination forms. Self-nominations will be disqualified.
For your convenience, you can download a PDF version of this application to view all questions before beginning your nomination.
When you are ready to complete your application, please complete the required information and confirmations, and submit your nomination letter and optional attachments in this online form. Optional attachments do not count against the character count.
Please submit your nomination no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 21, 2019. Incomplete nominations or late submissions will not be accepted.
For assistance or questions, please contact Karen Richardson at KRichardson@familieslearning.org.
Connect with us on Social Media:
• Facebook – @FamiliesLearning
• Twitter – @NCFL
• Instagram – @FamiliesLearning