Family Learning Specialist
Jan 28, 2019
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking a Family Learning Specialist to work in the newly-formed Arizona Statewide Family Engagement Center located in Phoenix, Arizona. This role will provide subject matter expertise for family literacy and family engagement programs which includes creating and delivering high quality and research-based print and digital materials, and providing on-site and online professional development.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a passion for NCFL's mission to address literacy challenges by engaging all family members in intergenerational learning, with a primary focus on ethnically and linguistically diverse parents and children living in poverty.
- Provides technical writing of online and print training materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the fields of literacy and family literacy.
- Delivers high-quality, research-based, on-site and online professional development.
- Develops curricular materials to support high-impact family engagement and family literacy practices.
- Delivers high quality technical assistance in support of program goals.
- Participates as a team member in the development and delivery of professional development and technical assistance.
- Recognizes and takes advantage of appropriate opportunities to advance the work of the project team, the organization and the field of family literacy.
- Attends organization and industry-related meetings, as required.
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the organization’s mission, and those of the project.
- Functions as a contributing member of the department's team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree, preferred) in education, social sciences, or a related field.
- Knowledge of high impact literacy, family literacy and family engagement strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing.
- At least three years of school or community-based teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in designing educational materials and delivering training.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in program implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge desired in some or all of the following areas: adult education, early childhood education, elementary education, family engagement, family literacy, literacy development, parent education, assessment of instruction, using technology to support and/or facilitate learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse audiences, ensuring all participants feel respected and valued.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently on varied projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel throughout Arizona, including occasional evenings and weekends, for up to 30% of the time.
If interested, please apply online https://www.familieslearning.org/ and click on Careers., or visit our website,
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at www.familieslearning.org.
Back to All Career Opportunities