Director of Community Development
Mar 6, 2018
Director of Community Development
NCFL is seeking a Director of Community Development to join the team! The Director of Community Development is responsible for furthering the organization's mission to eradicate poverty through family-based education solutions. This position involves strategic planning and implementation of community outreach and involvement through communications, networking with partners and resources, and delivering materials and presentations to communities. The Director of Community Development is also responsible for benchmarking success outcomes in communities and building and maintaining relationships.
Come join a talented team with an inspiring mission! The National Center for Families Learning envisions a world in which all families are provided opportunities to improve their lives and become strong contributors to society. We address our nation's literacy challenges by engaging all family members in learning, with a primary focus on parents and children living in poverty. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: http://www.familieslearning.org/
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Creates optimal environment for high-impact, community-wide family learning systems in economically distressed areas of the United States.
- Utilizes best practices in community development to drive results for low income children and families.
- Develops and implements a community development strategy, including strategic communications, action planning, and benchmarking for success to increase NCFL's reach and impact.
- Coordinates the management of ongoing relationships with new and existing partners and leverage those relationships for collective impact in communities.
- Develops and manages the events in support of NCFL community development strategy.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to structure and execute NCFL's community development strategy.
- Analyzes and tracks key metrics to identify successful community development.
- Develops and manages reporting and financial tracking of community development initiatives.
- Develops and manages partner agreements for community development initiatives.
- Delivers professional presentations to internal and external audiences that communicate the impact of community development.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting of outcomes.
- Researches and writes about community development initiatives.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Works collaboratively with the team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
- Helps to promote NCFL and its values and provides support in reaching its goals.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Education, Public Administration, Sociology, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following: education, educational research, educational leadership, strategic partnership development, and/or policy advocacy.
- Understanding of networks within the education and human services sectors.
- Ability to travel to meet and liaise with community partners.
- Ability to build strong community coalitions around family-based programming.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in finance, planning, and operations.
- Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a team environment with a high energy leadership approach.
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is a full-time opportunity. NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Louisville, Kentucky and is committed to workplace diversity. This position requires national travel. NCFL offers a competitive benefits package for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement planning, and more.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and expected salary range to be considered to AMulcahy@IntegrityHR.com and Lauren@IntegrityHR.com. Ann and Lauren are the Human Resources Consultants with Integrity HR, Inc. which is the human resources consulting firm that assists us with filling our position vacancies. We look forward to reviewing your application!