Early Childhood Family Learning Specialist
Jun 7, 2018
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking an Early Childhood Family Learning Specialist to provide subject matter expertise in early childhood education. Underlying expertise in effective family engagement practices in early childhood contexts and the ability to create and deliver high-quality professional development are requirements. Experience working with low income, culturally diverse and/ or American Indian populations is highly desired.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a passion for NCFL's mission to address literacy challenges by engaging all family members in intergenerational learning, with a primary focus on parents and children living in poverty.
- Plans and delivers high quality, research-based, face-to-face and online professional development to local and national partners.
- Plans and delivers high quality technical assistance in support of project goals.
- Provides on-site visits to local and national partners.
- Effectively communicates with families, program leadership educators, and community stakeholders in both written and oral formats.
- Participates as a team member in the development and implementation of NCFL services on a variety of efforts which may include:
- New or existing programs and resources focusing on early learning
- Opportunities to promote reading and early acquisition of reading skills as well as the parent's role in supporting literacy
- Supports the annual national Families Learning Conference
- Recognizes and takes advantage of appropriate opportunities to advance the work in the fields of early learning and family literacy
- Attends organization and industry-related meetings, as required
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with NCFL's mission
- Functions as a contributing member of work teams as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Position is located in the Louisville, KY office of NCFL.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (Master's degree, preferred) in education or education-related field.
- Deep technical and research-based knowledge in early childhood education.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and other languages as applicable.
- Five years teaching (or equivalent) experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in designing educational materials and delivering professional development.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in program implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively
- Ability to effectively utilize technology in an educational environment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work on a flexible schedule
Integrity HR, Inc. is our HR partner that works with us to help us with filling our position openings.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at www.familieslearning.org.